this is what i came home with last night, after several
hours in the store a very grumpy toddler and a husband whining about how this
was taking way to long! I added a few things that we didn't "need"
for stock up purposes and for pleasure. We didn't need the almost five dollar
ice cream but the baby in my belly seemed to think that it was a great ideal!
1 great value sugar snap stir fry mix 1.98
1 pack of shredded cheddar cheese 2.00
4.34lb of green apples @ 1/ 1.47 6.38
mushrooms 1.94
great value granola bars in blueberry 2.00
great value chocolate toaster pastries 2.68
great value frozen garlic bread 1.97
cracker full's in peanut butter and chocolate 2.50
2 family sized party pizzas 3.00
a big bag of generic lucky charms 3.88
crunch and munch 1.00
great value soy sauce 1.88
1 pack of blue bonnet margarine sticks 0.92
2 bell peppers 1.68
iceberg lettuce 1.38
3 baking potatoes
2.64 ( on second thought i should have just bought a bag )
Roma Tomatoes .44lb @ 1lb/ 1.12 0.49
3 Idaho potatoes instant mashed potatoes 3.00
Great value dry spaghetti noodles 1.00
great value French fried onions 1.28
3 great value Mac n cheese boxes 2.04
artichoke spinach cheese bites 1.98
2 cans of great value tuna in water 1.56
1 gallon of cranberry juice 3.88
bag of white onions 3.28
red apple ( jelly at in the store but threw on the ground
during check out and threw a fit over) .53
rice with chicken chef boyard meal thing .98
2 cans of chili no beans 2.00
1 pack of easy Mac n cheese cups 3.25
2 cans of corn .96
2 cans mushroom spaghetti sauce 2.00
1 can of peas .48
1 gallon whole milk 2.26
1 1/2 gallon dryers ice cream 4.98
great value frozen broccoli .98
can of Pringles 1.50
great value saltines 1.68
pack of fruit snacks 2.00
Hershey cookie mix 2.28
total 82.22 before taxes. Food stamp purchases are tax exempt
so while I paid a bit more than this, this is what a food stamp family would
have really spent. It seemed like such a small amount of food for the week that
I'm already starting to doubt myself and my food planning skills.
This morning for breakfast we had toast and eggs which is
filling like it normally is. I have a 2 1/2 dozen eggs sitting in my fridge
right now so I didn't need to buy any at the store this week. Lunch was ham and
cheese sandwiches again all things that I currently had on hand. Dinner tonight
will be spaghetti and meat balls. I have a 2 pound things of ground beef
sitting in my fridge so I will be making double the amount of sauce and
freezing half for a later meal. It's really easy because I don't make homemade
sauce I find that the effort is hardly worth such a simple result. However when
my roma tomatoes start ripening I hope to have an abundance of tomatoes that
will most likely end up as homemade sauce. Just brown the hamburger and throw
it in with a can of pasta sauce and dump that over the cooked spaghetti noodles
and serve with garlic bread. Instead of buying the loaf of French bread and
garlic butter spread I prefer we went with the cheaper option of the frozen
garlic bread. I have had it before and its pretty tasty, just not as fresh as
we are used to. Jelly loves spaghetti and will eat everything on his plate
which at this point I'm pretty please with. So we shall see how everything goes
this week, I'm concerned that I didn't buy enough to get us thru the week.
Justin thinks I didn't buy enough snacks. 364 days to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment