I used this calculator http://www.ndhealth.gov/dhs/foodstampcalculator.asp and
plugged in the information given to us by a family friend who is currently receiving
food stamps this is what it spit out
So $423 for a family of three. This is $14.10 a day a mere $4.70 a
person. $98.70 a week, that's about half of what we are currently spending per
week on food. Needless to say this is going to be a very big change in our
lives. We have a very picky toddler and my husband and I tend to be slightly
picky ourselves. So today starts our first day in this 365 day challenge. I
will be going to the store later today after my husband gets home to keep jelly
contained. I thankfully have everything we need on hand for our first meal of
this adventure. Crock pot pork chops with mushrooms and mashed potatoes. Dinner
should be done around 5ish and of to the store after that.

No comments:
Post a Comment